From:
Amy Shelton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:57:50 -0600
Here's another bit of anecdotal info on high bw babies. First baby, 9#,
4 oz. 2nd baby, 10#, 2 oz. No diabetes either time, gestational or
otherwise. Both were cesarean births, first one after a lengthy
induction. First baby, milk came in at 3 days, she gained 2 pounds per
month for first 6 months. Second baby, milk came in at 1.5 days, he
gained 3 pounds per month for first 4 months.

Nobody suggested supplements for either of them. In fact, when I thought
my daughter needed more to eat (because everytime I put her down she
screamed--she really just needed to be held all the time), my PED told
me that I really didn't need to do that, that if I chose to anyway to
make myself more at ease, to be aware that I would be seriously
tampering with my milk supply. Of course, I had chosen him before I had
the baby because his wife BF their children and he was very
knowledgeable and supportive of BF.

Amy
--
*  Amy Shelton, mom to Abby (6/93) and Christopher (5/96)
*