Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 19:02:34 +0000
> baby diagnosed with FTT at 2 week check...  The Nurse
>      Practitioner was sort of (in my opinion) sacrificing on the alter of
>      ignorance as she gave me several cans of ABM and told me to
>      supplement. No way I thought.  Baby was 10#2 at birth and 9#15 at two
>      weeks, appropriate void patterns...  so pumping became critical as I
>      was very adamant no ABM>

Not to minimize the stress and difficulties you had, I'm quite surprised
that a baby would be labled FTT when (only) 3 oz under BW at (only) two
weeks...  especially when the initial stress was taken into
consideration.  I would hope to be given support, encouragment,
sympathy, and another week to BF in peace.

Sue Jacoby, IBCLC
California