HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert L Schuyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 10:33:44 -0500
Have any of you heard of the Society for Post Medieval Archaeology? Do
you belong? (Someone get the address, fees, etc. and put them on this
list  - my file and journals are at home). The British invented
Industrial Archaeology and the SPMA was founded the same year as SHA and
is doing quite well. Indeed both the SHA and SPMA will be holding a
special meeting in April in Williamsburg, VA with a follow-up meeting
in November in England. I am a member of the SPMA since 1968, and a
life founding member of the Australasian Society for Historical
archaeology (Ian, get the address, fees etc. and put them on this list
PS in $ (American) please). Do you belong?

We should all belong to and actively support the SHA, SPMA, ASHA,
the Society for Industrial Archaeology (someone out there get this
address, fees etc. up on this list) and the Council for Northeastern
Archaeology (CNEHA - Mary, info.). These are the primary, major societies
concerned with world historical archaeology. I belong to them all and so
should the other  people on this list.