From:
Mary Roney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 21:16:13 -0500
First an introduction.  My name is Mary Roney.  I am one of this years new
batch of  IBCLC’s.  I have found a wealth of information while reading
Lactnet postings over the last three months and have shared much of it with
my fellow nurses and the moms I work with.  I have two very smart, well
adjusted adult children who of course were both breastfed and a loving
husband who has patiently taught me to use the computer so that I can make
use of this service.

I have been an OB nurse for 20 years and have been given the opportunity to
establish a hospital-based LC program in Indianapolis along with Terri
Shakelford.  At present I try to see all the BF moms while they’re in the
hospital and spend extra time with any that are having problems.  I also make
telephone follow-ups and see clients on an outpatient basis if they need it.
Clients needing extensive help or requesting a home visit are referred to
private LC’s.  There is currently no charge for these services and that’s the
way I prefer it, however, the hospital administration is looking into
possible revenue generating options and they question if this might be an
area for them to pursue.  I need input from other hospital-based LC’s  as to
whether or not they charge for services and what their services include.
 Please E-mail me privately if you can help.

Mary Roney RN IBCLC