From:
Brenda Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:09:38 +1100
I have in past years used aqueous gentian violet for thrush with great if
somewhat messy results.  However here, in Australia we are unable to
purchase it any more as it has been removed from our pharmacist's shelves.
We have been told it is a carcinogen.
I have often wondered if this is just another of those "scares" we get
periodically, but this has been the status of gentian violet for around
three years in Australia now

Brenda  Donnelly
Brisbane  Australia