From:
Judy Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 15:09:03 +0200
I have always shied away from "promising" or even mentioning weight loss
during the breastfeeding period since I myself gained more weight when I
was bfing than during pregnancy. While other factors surely are pertinent
in any one mom (poss. thyroid problem, psychological factors, etc.) and
should be considered, I just think that in some cases (like me), what
should *logically* happen (i.e., weight loss during lactation), doesn't.
I certainly wasn't about to wean because of that, but that's me. When I
did stop bfing, my weight went back to pre-preg (more or less) without
dieting, so this makes me think that there was some connection with
lactation. It just wasn't an issue *for me*, but as we all know,
everyone's different  :)
Judy Knopf