HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Linda Derry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 1996 16:37:27 EDT
-- [ From: Linda Derry * EMC.Ver #2.5.03 ] --

I'm trying to reconstruct the topics of discussion at the African American Archa
eology forums at the annual SHA meetings - since they began.     I think the fir
st was held was in Jamaica - or was it?  I need to know the topics for each year
, for example:  colonoware in '95; cross-cultural workshop in '93  If any one ou
t there in cyberspace knows the answer to this one I'd like to hear from you.  I
 had a house fire and can't locate many of my old newsletters, and the nearest U
niversity doesn't even subscribe to SHA!

Also I'm trying to find a current phone number, email address, or snail mail add
ress for Carol Cowan Ricks.

Thanks in advance.

Also- I heard a rumor that James Hanson (R-Utah) showed up at the subcommittee m
eeting to decide the fate of the Advisory Council, and no one else came.  So he
held the meeting anyway and voted "unanimously" to pass his budget amendment (sl
ashing the council's budget).  This is too absurd to believe - does anyone know
if its true?

Linda Derry