From:
"D. Shinskie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 07:44:44 -0500
Hi all!  Speaking from the point of one who has been off Lactnet for some 6
months and having spent that time heavily involved in family obligations
with only minimal lactation-related involvement - I am quite dismayed!!  It
is frustrating to know that because of a 6 month _mental sabbatical_ I am
apparently in the dark about ILCA's goings on.  I trust, after paying my
dues, that I will receive all the info needed to participate actively in
*MY* organization.  While I do agree that Lactnet is an appropriate venue
for discussion of the Board's issues, it should not be the ONLY place for
complete discussion.  I do not wish to have any rehashing here- I will seek
an update from a board member & my current local affiliate president (Hi
Karen!) - but I did feel it important to comment, as I am one of those in
the dark.  Thank you Kathy Auerbach for your eloquent addressing of this
issue (and your rat humor!).
Debbie Shinskie RN CES IBCLC in Millersburg, PA

"I'm going away.  Perhaps to Charleston...where there's a little bit of
grace and charm left in the world."