From:
Judy Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 1996 01:35:55 +0200
I can't remember who posted a question about swaddling - you said "I don't
know". That's just where I was as a new bride, and saw my neighbor
swaddling her 4th son. Aside from being an experienced mother, she was a
college graduate and into Adlerian psych, so I was pretty surprised
(understatement). When I had my first 3 years later, I certainly didn't
swaddle her - that is, until I saw how quickly it calmed her down when
she would startle or when she got hysterical when waving her arms and
instead of encountering the familiar uterine walls, she
encountered....thin air. I was a rapid convert. Think about it. If it
helps, great. If it doesn't, well, don't do it. No money lost. Judy Knopf