From:
"Alyn W. Ashworth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 08:56:48 +0000
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Janko Bozic
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Dear Bee-Liners,
>
>     I'd like to get any info about beehouse or beeyard in botanical
>garden.Most likely we will have to convince city and state
>authorities that such building and activity fits well with the
>structure and function of botanical gardens.

When we had to move our six hives out of our back garden last year, we
looked round for a suitable site, and remembered that we had seen a talk
by a charity called LandLife, who grow wild flowers and distribute the
seeds. We approached them to ask if they knew of any suitable sights,
and they were very, very keen to have our hives right next to their
nurseries. It seems an ideal arrangement now, and we look forward to
seeing what improvements in seed production result.

The nurseries are in a medium-sized, local public park, in an old walled
garden. The park is surrounded by, predominently, houses, with some
small patches of woodland.

All the best in your endeavours.

--
Alyn W. Ashworth
Lancashire & North-West Bee-Keepers' Association. UK.