From:
Peter Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 14:16:08 -0700
I recall reading an article in the '70s in either the ABJ or Gleanings in
Bee Culture on bees collecting latex caulking and using it as, well,
caulking or propolis.

The article had photos of the propolis packed in the bees' corbiculum. It
also raised concern as to chemical contamination of the hive.

Apparently the caulking was freshly applied.

regards

Peter Wilson
Edmonton, AB. Canada

                                     email: [log in to unmask]