From:
Gerry Visel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 23:43:49 EST
On Fri, 8 Nov 1996 21:37:38 +0000 Mason Harris
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I want to breed some new life into my bee club so I am turning
>to the Bee-L for ideas.

Mason, and all,

   We also have a pot luck to start every meeting (starts 1:00 pm
Sundays) and then for the December meeting, we all bring presents, some
labeled just male or female and redistributed, but some (most) donated
for an auction.  We raise $300+ bidding on anything from cutely hidden
$20 bills to wax bowl rings to a gaudy bear that gets recycled every
year.  We have some expert woodworkers who donate hive parts, and get a
local auctioneer to do the honors, for free dinner and a gift pack.

Gerry and the other Visels at
Winnebago, Illinois, USA