From:
DANI HUDSPETH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 1996 11:39:01 -0600
I had MAJOR BF problems with my daughter - I did not have anyone to help me, and I was emotionally immature enough that I may not have received help anyway - this was 17 years ago.  However, my daughter did sleep with us quite a lot, simply because that was the only way she would be quiet so I could get some much needed sleep.  By the time she was 1 year old, she was in her bed mostly.  As soon as she graduated to a big girl bed, she would come to our room almost nightly around 2-3 am.  I was too sleepy to argue, so I pulled the covers back and let her in - even if she did kick around a lot.  If I tried to take her to her bed, she was back in my room within an hour - it was easier to let her into my bed.  Off and on, she came to my bed until she was about 9 years old.  I always figured - what was I doing at 3 am besides sleeping, so what did it matter?  If my husband and I were wanting play time, I would tell my daughter that "daddy and I want to be alone for a little while, but next time you wake up, you can come get into our bed".  That seemed to suffice for us.  We have some friends whose 4 children slept with them every night.  They had a king size mattress on the floor - so noone got hurt if they fell out of bed.  This couple went to another room to have their play time, then crawled into bed with their children later.  Whatever works!!
Dani Hudspeth