From:
Linda Volkovitsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 07:38:07 -0400
This appeared on another list I am on.  I don't know the validity of either it or the original message.  It might be prudent to check it out before you email them.

Begin quotation:
>For those looking for a "good deed" to do today.  Houghton Mifflin
>Publishing Corporation will donate one book to a children's hospital
>for
>every 25 e-mails they receive. Please e-mail them at:[log in to unmask]
>hope you can spare the seconds . . . and let your friends know.  So
>far
>they have only received 3, 400 messages.
> Last year they reached 23,000.

One of my co-workers tells me that this message was valid a year ago, but
not in 1996.  A simple phone call to Houghton Mifflin to check provided the
information.  So don't clog up the internet with useless messages.
End quotation.

Linda V., who has never figured out how to quote something so you get those little arrows to show you are quoting......sigh