Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 21:42:03 +1100
The Nursing Mothers' Association of Australia has a fabulous booklet
entitled "Especially for grandparents" which covers most areas of
controversy between new mum's and their relatives, in a inoffensive yet
positive way !!!!

It only costs $3.00 and is available from them at "[log in to unmask]".
 Also check out the web page for more info
"http://www.vicnet.net.au/vicnet/nmaa/nmaahome.htm".

Now I would like to tap into your collective wisdom.  My local group is
holding a 'Breastfeeding Education Class' in a few weeks time.  One of the
pregnant women who has registered is blind.  She is expecting her first
baby in April 1997.  We will be covering the benefits of breastfeeding, how
the breasts make milk, positioning and attachment, the "normal" newborn
baby - what to expect, the art of breastfeeding and common
concerns/questions.  We ask each participant to bring along a large doll to
facilitate the positioning and attachment segment, show a video and use
overhead projectors and the NMAA "Breast Atlas".

She is bringing along a friend for support,  and this person will also be
helping her in the early days with her baby.  My specific question relates
to the best way to present this information so that is is relevant and
meaningful to this mum and so she feels part of the class.  If anyone has
any suggestions - I am all ears!

Trudi Szallasi
RN  NMAA Breastfeeding Counsellor

"Those who were dancing were thought to be quite
insane by those who could not hear the music"