Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Tim Sterrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 1996 21:44:40 GMT
Read carefully what Allen Dick writes about tipping supers:

<It is the most elegant solution, but requires at least  advanced or
<master level bee knowledge to succeed consistently without
<complications.

<1. Choose  a day when temperatures are  sufficient for free bee
<flight,  and a good flow has been on for several days.

      Allen lives in an area of the world, the prairies of western Alberta,
Canada, where yellow sweet clover makes for honey flows that fill an
automobile at sixty miles an hour (or 100 K) with the sweet aroma of clover
nectar, where towering bee hives fill up so fast and full that beekeepers
take off the honey as it is capped, where a young man with a flatbed truck
loaded with supers will acknowledge that his operation extracts a couple of
fifty-five gallon drums of honey a day.
      I hope everyone who reads this list will have the chance to see this in
person.  Quite a show!

     But note that Allen says that a good honey flow is necessary for this
method to work.  Many of us wait to extract until honey flows are long gone.
Tipping supers might excite our bees to robbing of historic dimensions!

Tim Sterrett
Westtown, (Southeastern) Pennsylvania, USA