Reply To:
Discussion of Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 18:57:03 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, Aaron Morris wrote:                                         

>  So, last  night I'm  assembling what seemed like a bazillion                 
>  frames, by hand, using a small tack hammer.   After  bending                 
>  more  frame  nails than I can count I got to thinking...                     

I use a tool called a Spiralux which is nothing more than                       
a telescopic pusher. The pin is held inside a tube and the                      
handle pushes down a plunger onto the nail, driving it into                     
the wood. 3/4" gimp pins go in quickly and easily.                              

For larger quantities, many tackers/staplers, particularly the                  
electric ones, will drive small nails.                                          

Regards,                                                                        
--                                                                              
Gordon Scott   [log in to unmask]      [log in to unmask] (work)       
The Basingstoke Beekeeper (newsletter)      [log in to unmask]          
<A HREF="http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/apis">Embryo Home Page</A>    
Beekeeper; Kendo 3rd Dan; Sometime sailor.  Hampshire, England.                 

ATOM RSS1 RSS2