Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 10:31:20 -0500
  REGARDING           RE>Quick 'n Easy Cappings

Stan Sandler wrote:
>I have always understood that
extracted comb should be stored wet with remaining honey as it keeps better
that way.  Sure the uncapped honey picks up some moisture and ferments, but
the bees don't seem to mind. In fact maybe they really party when I put
those supers back on :)<

I don't know about fermented honey, but the main  reason that I always store
dry supers is that wax moths are a terrible problem in this area (southeastern
Michigan, USA) .  They will be into wet supers before cold weather and make a
mess out of them, but will not touch dry supers which have also been kept free
of brood.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan, USA