Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
pat Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 18:12:16 -0400
Hi Netters,

I am back from Indianapolis, Ind..  Thanks all for your notes of support.  My
daughter's ACL (knee) surgery went well, Dr. let my scrub up and observe a
complete surgery.  WOW. Amazing what they can do.  I did walk down to NICU to
see what new they were doing at Methodist Hospital with their premie babies
and BF.  Not to my surprise, they  no longer go from IV's- gavage- breast,
skipping the bottle anymore.  Dr. Mary Jo Stein is no longer there.  Why
can't good things continue on ???
Sorry, I have not gotten to my July posts yet so if this has already been
discussed, please excuse me.  Birth Journal- Vol. 23, # 2, June,
1996--"Epidural Analgesia in Labor:  An Evaluation of Risks and Benefits".
 Not perfect, but has some good pieces in it regarding effects on
neurobehavioral scores (lower with epidurals) and poorer performances on
motor skills.  I loved the ending.  A statement from an anesthesiologist:
 "The practice of obstetric anaesthesia is unique in medicine in that we use
an invasive and potentially hazardous procedure to provide a humanitarian
service  to healthy women undergoing a physiological process".

Pat Bull, RN, IBCLC
The Breastfeeding Connection/Medela
Naperville, IL- things are starting to dry out