From:
Linda Cairns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 15:07:21 +0100
Hi All

Can anybody help with a baby vomiting? The baby is two weeks old and
gaining weight very nicely - 4 oz pw including the first!

The baby takes one side per feed, and seems to feed very quickly. I
could hear him gulping and even choking at one point. He wanted to feed
frequently. The nappies tend to be wet but she reports one or two soiled
nappies most days.

Mum has given him some bottles, and he slept longer and did not vomit
after these.

The milk comes up from the stomach, because it is slightly curdy, and I
think slightly yellower than I would expect breastmilk alone to look.
I only saw a relatively small amount, I would estimate about 1 fl oz,
but mum reports that he often brings up much more. Could this be an
intolerance to something the mother is eating/drinking? Mum does not
drink much orange juice, but does have carbonated mineral water. Would
this be likely to have this effect? Mum is trying still mineral water,
so we will see if there is any change.

I have been interested in previous postings re intolerances to maternal
diet, and would like to find out more.

TIA

--
Linda Cairns
Tilehurst, Berkshire, UK - Mum to Jonathan (9), Stephen (8), and Nicky