From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 19:22:09 -0400
Hi All,
Have a question or two relating to BF during pregnancy.  I have a client who
is also pregnant and BF, as I am, and I had to tell her honestly that I don't
know a heck of a lot about the whens and wheres of milk loss during
pregnancy.
She is BF a 20 mo old, I am BF a 23 mo old.  Both of BF the boys about 3-4
times a day.  We are both 3 months along (should be interesting to see if we
have the babies on the same day!).  Neither one of us has noticed any loss of
milk, although I rarely feel my let down anymore (they are usually VERY
obvious.  Rather painful.)  Client never had very noticable let downs, so
isn't really sure if sh'e not having them anymore.  Both toddlers are doing
fine with the BF, with no interest of weaning, (YEAH!) or showing any signs
of getting irritated 'cause mom doesn't have as much as she used to.
Our questions are :  In General (because I know it must be different with
every mom)

*  When does the mature milk dry up?
*  When does the colostrom come in, and how soon after the mature milk drys
up?
*  Will some kids BF even when there isn't any milk?  (We hope!)
*  Will toddler taking colostrom possibly cause mature milk to come in before
the
   birth of the baby? (Or is the body smarter than that? )
*  Can you answer any questions I might have that I didn't put down here?
 (Yes, I
    am asking you to be psychic!  :D )

When it comes to the infants and BF, I don't have too many questions on the
basic things, but get into the older kids and pregnancy, and I feel like I
don't have a clue.  Probably because I DON"T!

Thanks everyone!  Glad I feel safe enough to ask my "silly" questions!  :)

Jay (who felt baby kick yesterday!  Rather early at 11 wks from conception,
but there was no mistaking those 2 thumps!)