From:
Sulman Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 21:38:02 -0600
For Ellen Taylor:  Welcome to Lactnet!  You asked about cup-feeding
protocols.  I would suggest getting the video of Sandra Lang's talk at the
July 1995 ILCA conference, Plenary Session G, "Cup Feeding in the Neonatal
Unit."  Order from First Tape Incorporated, 770 North LaSalle St., Suite
301, Chicago, IL 60610.  In the talk she goes through the process
step-by-step.  The video she shows near the end is priceless in showing
preemie babies enjoying feeding from cups, and has helped convince some
skeptics in our area.

You also asked how to print out just certain sections of Lactnet digests.
I would love input on this too.  I have a Macintosh LC computer, (4 years
old) and have learned to just guess about where the part I want will fall,
then print that page.  300 some lines is about 6 pages on my printer.  Not
a very efficient way, I know.  I cut out the parts I want and save them in
my file system under topics for future reference.  The rest of the page
becomes scrap paper.  I know other people have posted in the past about how
to file under topics in the computer itself.  But then it's not with you
when you are away from the computer unless you have a laptop.

Anne Altshuler, RN, MS, IBCLC and LLL Leader in Madison, WI
(Wondering how I will give a talk tomorrow with laryngitis)