Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Anne F. Norton-Krawciw RPh, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 01:44:09 -0400
hello:

I am trying to reach out to lactnet subscribers to gather information on what
you or your organization is doing or has done for world breastfeeding week
 (all input would be very helpful and welcomed).

As a member of MALC (Michigan Association of Lactation Consultants) I have
been asked by a number of people what is going on during WBW in our area and
others (possibly to coordinate, addtional press coverage). I would also like
to try and get people with like ideas to put their heads together.  Maybe if
we help get smaller groups to band together we will be able to make a larger
impact.

Our group (malc) is working with the oakland co health dept breastfeedinig
task force to put together a resource book that will be distributed through
out the state. The book will be distributed during WBW.  LLL groups in our
area are planning to join in the breastfeeding walk during this time.  A
large local baby store has asked to have a meet the experts/information
morning the first sat of WBW.  Our goal is to get the local health dept / wic
peer group to have a table,  a private practice group of IBCLC's, and 2 of
our local LLL groups (perhaps with a number breastfeeding couplets available
to answer real mom to mom questions.)  So what are the rest of you up to ?

I know that lots of places celebrate this week at different times, but that's
ok, your input would be very helpful.  Malc is not on lactnet as of yet. If
you have any info (no project is too small or too large) please send them via
private e-mail to MALC [log in to unmask] and don't forget to cc or forward a copy
of your ideas to lactnet, I'm sure the rest of the group would like to know
whats coming up.

Thanks in advance (TIA)

Anne Norton-Krawciw, RPh, IBCLC, Membership chair, MALC
(the lc-pharmacist)

PS on another note if you are a malc member on line, the correct address to
send mail to is MALC [log in to unmask] NOT  [log in to unmask], sorry about the typo in
the newsletter.

If you are on line in michigan or the windsor please drop malc a note so we
can put you in our address book to keep you up to date on what's happening in
our area.