From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 1996 13:29:57 +0000
Saw a friend's teenage daughter at the weekend.  This breastfed girl
dropped out of school and went right off the rails for a period. By
some good fortune she met a decent guy, similarly lost.  They moved
in together and she was soon was pregnant.  She is now the mother of
a fully breastfed 9 month old very chubby daughter with the most
beautiful skin I have ever seen.  Not interested in solids yet,
despite doting dad's best efforts at spoon feeding.  I was asked to
advise about her night waking, but they felt it was probably
attributable to teething.  They can't afford a cot, so she is in bed
with them which suits them well.

The message in this is to take heart you mothers of (formerly)
breastfed teenage daughters who are now causing heartache.  I think
that another benefit of breastfeeding is that it sows the seeds of
loving mothering.  After a dormant period, when you would swear they
were dead, these seeds come to life and nourish the next generation.
What I want to know is - does it also work through sons?

Ros Escott