From:
Arly Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 1996 07:40:25 -0700
Martha Brower said:
>In Ohio, the dental groups raised such a ruckus over the bottles shaped like
>soft drink containers that they were removed from the shelves (this could
>have been nationwide - I was unclear about how wide an area was affected).

In our area baby bottles that look like soda pop bottles ("Get Vertical!
Mountain Dew" says one) have been joined by Kool-Aid baby bottles.  Since
filling baby bottles with these substances has been a health problem for
years, it seems like an open invitation for litigation.

My first infant nutrition professor, Cheryl Bittle, said that in the
southern U.S. where she came from, one could see babies on every corner
sucking from bottles filled with all the different-colored sugar drinks of
the rainbow.   Infant and child malnutrition is a particular problem in our
southern states, although of course it can be found in all parts of the
U.S.

Arly Helm                                       [log in to unmask]