From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 1996 08:39:30 -0400
  REGARDING           RE>Storing Frames/Foundation

John Taylor writes:
>Can I assemble the frames, with foundation, and leave them sit (hanging in
>the second hive body) in my finished basement for the week or three before
>they are ready for it without worry about waxmoths?  Any general guidelines
>to follow here?

Yes, you can do this assembly without any thought about waxmoths.  They only
 get into finished honeycomb, and that only if it has pollen or bee cocoons in
 it.  Your frames will be perfectly safe, unless you let them stand through
the
winter.  In that case, any jarring will cause the foundation to shatter.  Oh,
yes,
the other extreme is to store them in a hot shed in the middle of summer.  The
foundation, if not wired,  could sag and drop off.

Ted Fischer