HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Jeannie K. Yang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 15:01:09 -0700
On Tuesday, June 3, 1997, Sharyn Woodcock <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Would anyone be able to help me find references to the the Archaeology of
>Ethnicity, any help in this area would be of great assistance to me in my
>research and would be greatly appreciated
>Sharyn...

Dear Ms. Woodcock:

I see someone has already given you the reference to Robert Schuyler's
book.  But I wonder just exactly which ethnicity you're talking about.
Italian?  Jewish?  Chinese???  If you can narrow down the field I may be
able to help you out a bit.  I am currently writing my MA thesis on a late
19th-century Chinese American laundry site we excavated in Oakland,
California, so I have quite a few references on Chinese American
archaeology.  Let me know if you're interested.

Yours sincerely,

Jeannie  :)

P.S.    My company also has other site reports on ethnic archaeology.  We
recently published a report on the Basque population in Contra Costa
County, another on a Chinese American site in Sacramento, yet another on
the various ethnic groups in West Oakland, and we have a few others as well.

Jeannie Yang
http://www.wco.com/~genie

Graduate Student, Archaeological Researcher, Webmaster
Anthropological Studies Center
Sonoma State University
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
http://www.sonoma.edu/projects/asc/