HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Assemblage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 18:42:13 +0000
Call for Papers (Please note new dates for submission)

The editors of *assemblage* are now considering material for our
second issue, due out in April 1997. (Our first issue has been on
the Web since October 3, and to date, has received almost 1800 hits and
warm reviews!) Contributions from students and professionals are both
welcome. As a highly varied electronic publication, we're keen to
have papers on original archaeological ideas and research, short
notes from the field, interviews, artwork, opinion essays, humour,
reviews of books, games, museums, CD-ROMs, and just about anything
else you can think of. So if you have a conference paper, thesis
chapter, cool photograph, cartoons, a great essay, amusing
archaeological anecdotes, or advice for graduate students... submit
it!  Want to know more about the sorts of things we're looking for?
Please check out our Web site at http://www.shef.ac.uk/~assem/  and
read through our Mission Statement/Call for Papers, and our
Submissions Manifesto. (Or if you don't have WWW access, write to us
and we'll mail you a copy.)

Deadline for material requiring peer review (formal scholarly
articles): February 10, 1997.  Deadline for all other material: March
10, 1997. Material received later will be considered for the
subsequent issue. Please contact the editors with a proposal or
abstract as soon as possible.

assemblage is based at the Research School of Archaeology and
Archaeological Science, University of Sheffield, 2 Mappin St.,
Sheffield, England, S1 4DT. email:    [log in to unmask]
tel: (0114) 2825109/2   WWW:    http://www.shef.ac.uk/~assem/