HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
WILLIAM MATHERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 10:17:52 -0600
Dear Sue,

Saw your posting re. archaeologists and historians at CW (and Dan Mouer's reply
back to you).  I know
several of the folks at CW, including Marley Brown and an excellent architectura
l historian (Ed Chappell).  I
also grew up in Virginia and know the Chesapeake 'mafia' reasonably well, having
 dug several 17th C sites
near Jamestown.

So, if there is anything specific you want to have tracked down, I believe I am
considerably in your debt at
this point.  Also....I will be in Virginia later this month (perhaps in the Will
iamsburg area too) and would be
glad to gather some information for you.  Just let me know.

With very best wishes,

Clay