Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 17:50:27 +0000
Comments:
Authenticated sender is <[log in to unmask]>
My 11yo has just been in for allergy scratch-testing and is to start on a
desensitisation program of 8 under-the-skin injections.
Unfortunately, 3 years of breastmilk did not protect him totally
from his father's atopic genes.

While doing my homework on allergies, a friend who is a doctor told
me that she has been doing scratch tests for candida allergy for
women who present with a history of candida (eg pain and irritation)
that hasn't cleared up.  She has been "shocked" (her own word) at the
number of positive reactions, although they do not always come up
immediately, but within 24 hours.  She then treats with
desensitisation injections and has had excellent results.  She finds
diets too restrictive and not a long term solution, and prefers
scientific diagnosis via scratch testing.

My understanding is that many of us harbour candida, and it is
difficult or impossible to totally eliminate.  However, women who
are allergic to it can get major symptoms from a minor colony flaring
up.

She has only treated women with vaginal candidiasis - but my LC
expeience makes me wonder whether candida allergy complicates some
of the cases we see.  Has anyone any thoughts or experience with
this?

Ros Escott
from Tasmania Australia, where we have just finished the coldest
summer since records began.  No hot, humid conditions here.