Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 17:03:28 -0500
I was just informed by his Son that Leo Bentz of Woodstock, IL. passed away
this January.  Leo was recently featured in the ABJ editorial section as
possibley the oldest active commercial beekeeper in the US.  Leo was born in
10/4/1899 in Grafton Wisconsin and passed away on January 15, 1996.

Leo helped me get started in beekeeping in 1978 and was a very patient and
gentle man.   Leo had been a farmer and commercial beekeeper.  He once told
me that he started keeping bees in 1916 and had been keeping a homeyard at
his house just outside of Woodstock, IL. U.S.A. since 1926.  He kept bees
until his death.

I will miss him and I'm sure there are many that knew him that will miss him,
he was fine man.

Apiarist
AKA:  Bill Nelson
Formerly of Woodstock, IL.