From:
Marie Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 15:28:01 -0700
I don't know a lot about allergies, but I have a friend in Evanston, IL whose
husband(bottle fed) and son(Bfed until over 4 yrs) both have a lot of
allergies and asthma type problems. The husband has had terrible problems for
years and sees a well known allergist. When my friend's son started showing
signs of similar problems at age 3, they took him to see this allergist. The
allergist asked if the child was exclusively Bfed! My friend (who is a
LLLLapplicant) was blown away by the thought, but the doctor said that some
families with lots of bad allergies have been reccommended to Bfeed
EXCLUSIVELY until about age 5! I thought that it was cool that there was an
MD reccommending Bf so highly . Has anyone else heard of this type of allergy
avoidance strategy?

MJS from Madison,WI