Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Christina M. Smillie, MD, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 03:39:02 -0700
Re MDs sitting for the IBCLC exam, and Ruth Lawrences reported disapproval--
As another MD who just took the IBCLC exam, and also just joined the Academy
of Breastfeeding Medicine, I would guess that Dr. Lawrence no longer feels
that way, as indicated by someone more knowledgeable than I on this in an
earlier post.
Maybe Anne Eglash would care to comment.   Anne and Beth Williams, both MDs
who are IBCLC, were instrumental in founding the Academy of Breastfeeding
Medicine, and in getting their more famous colleagues, including Dr.
Lawrence, to sign on.  Now Dr. Lawrence has taken on the administration of
"ABM" since Beth has gone on to a family practice residency.  I think her
actions and affiliation with ABM founders Anne and Beth speak louder than any
past words.
Tina Smillie, MD, IBCLC