From:
Linda Pohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 14:54:47 -0701
Hello all.

I need ideas for dealing with babies with extremely low palates.  I am
working with a set of twins.  Both of them have palates that have almost no
arch to them as well as small mouths.  Latch on is better sometimes than
others but, even with excellent latch on mom still has sore nipples.  I do
believe growth will take care of the problem but until that time, I need to
have any suggestions for helping nursing be more comfortable.  BTW, we have
no evidence of tongue tie, tongue motion is normal, and intake appears
adequate but I think it would improve if nursing becomes more comfortable.

Thanks in Advance,

Linda Pohl, IBCLC
Phoenix, Arizona USA