From:
Eric/Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 1995 19:07:53 -0600
I buy the type of disposable medicine cups the hospital uses from my local
pharmacy. They're quite cheap--$3.00 for what must be 100 cups (maybe
more--haven't counted and it's not listed on the box). When I'm talking with
mothers on the phone and they need to cup feed (often frantic mothers who
are going back to work and their babies won't take  a bottle) I suggest a
glass shot glass. They seem to work just fine and many people have one in
their home already. I don't like the sippy-type cups--can't see when the
milk is coming and in a tiny baby, the spout is way too big. The little
medicine cups are especially nice for mums who are expressing colostrum
because their babies aren't latching yet--a little bit looks like tons in
those cups.

Leslie Ayre-Jaschke, BEd, IBCLC
Peace River Breastfeeding Clinic
Peace River Alberta, Canada