HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Ralph B. Giles" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 1996 20:06:57 -0700
As a component of my dissertation research on cordwood operations in the
Tahoe Basin during the Comstock era, I would be appreciative of citations,
especially grey literature, that contain research data on log cabin
construction techniques employed in the American West in the 1860-1890
time period.  Of particular interest are those associated with logging and
cordwood activites involving Chinese, French-Canadian, and other
relatively "homogeneous" national origin groups; and any reports that may
provide data on the ecological and spatial distribution of such cabins
within a region.

Thank you,

Ralph Giles
Dept of Anthropology/096