HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
kaufmann kira e <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
kaufmann kira e <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 08:36:21 -0600
Hello all,
        Klein Creek Farm living farm museum is actually in Carol Stream
Il.  The area code is 630 now.  Naper Settlement is in Naperville (area
code 630), which is more of a living history museum.  Another excellent
living farm/history museum is the John Deere Museum in Grand Detour, Il.
The area code for them is 815.  Sorry I don't have the #'s off hand.
They have an entire building now enclosing the smith shop which was
excavated several years ago.  They have a whole multimedia presentation
on the excavations and the history of farming.  The excavated portions of
the smith shop and a cellar are also within the building and open for
museum goers to see.
  If anyone is interested in more info you can reply off list.

Kira