HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 01:38:46 -0500
Hi all,
 I've come across a button I cannot indentify, and was hoping for some
suggestions. The button is of the 1902 US Army variety, except that in
place of the circle of stars above the eagle, there are the letters
NMMI. I could not find it in Johnson or Wycoff, and our copy of Albert
has been lost. The button is finished in a dark bronze color.  The eagle
and edge styles appear to place it in Johnson's pre-WWII styles (and it
has no ring type rim about it's circumference). The backmark is
Jacob Reed's Sons, Phila, which was easy enough to track down, but of
no help in identifying the NMMI part. Any ideas?
Bryan Howard
Dept. of Anthropology
Texas A&M University