HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stanley Copp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 1995 15:35:00 -0800
My colleagues and I require information as to where we can rent
equipment and/or expertise to conduct a ground penetrating radar
search for historic and pre-contact burials near Vancouver, British
Columbia.

The site is near an 1827-1839 Hudson's Bay Company fort as well as a
pre-contact site which may contain mass burials due to pre-contact
epidemic(s).  The matrix is re-worked glacial till overlying fluvial
sands overlying fluvial clays.

If anyone can help us regarding this matter please contact me at:

[log in to unmask]     or    [log in to unmask]

Stanley A. Copp
Anthropology
Langara College
Vancouver, B.C.

P.S.  There is no intention of disturbing any potential human
remains.  We only need to locate them without any digging!