HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 1995 22:47:06 -0400
Larry's right, of course. It's been a real banner year for HA jobs in
academe. Nonetheless, there seem to be many more students wanting to
learn, teachers wanting to teach, and clients wanting the services of
expertly trained historical archaeologists than there are academic
programs to meet those needs. We should remember, though, that most
departments are staffed with profs and associate profs who were
trained for the most part in the era prior to the wide-spread
interest in our field. As new positions come open (as some Akkadian
philologists retire) we will, I wager, continue to see growth in the
number of quality programs, and positions. I may not live long
enough to see it, mind you...

Dan Mouer