HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John Staeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 1995 09:55:29 -0600
Bob Salzer can be reached only by snail mail or telephone at Beloit College,
Beloit, Wi, 53511.  I think the paper Kris Hirst refers to was presented by
William Gartner, a grad student in the Dept. of (Human) Geography at the
University of Wisconsin - Madison.  Gartner did some interesting work with
soil boxes and concluded a great deal about the method in which the
sediments in the shelter, at least at certain levels, were deposited.  Hope
this helps.

>Charles Frederick wrote and asked about archaeo-sediments (sorry, I get
>the digest and it's difficult to write directly back). I saw a paper at
>the La Crosse Midwest meetings about the archaeo-sediments of Gottschall
>Rock Shelter. I have to admit, I don't remember the author's name, but I
>bet you that Bob Salzer knows. I don't have his address right off hand,
>but he's probably listed in the AAA guide or the new SAA archaeologists
>of the americas. It was a very interesting paper, as I recall.
>
>Kris Hirst                      Scribal Traditions
>[log in to unmask]            [log in to unmask]

Best regards - john

John Staeck                           Nature, to be commanded,
Anthropology Program                  must be obeyed.
Luther College                          Francis Bacon *Novum Organum*
Decorah, IA 52101
319-387-1284