From:
Laura Hankins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 1995 10:22:58 +0500
I just read Sarah Barnett's post about educating health care providers and wanted to add my .02 worth.  I'm an RN and
when I delivered, I was shocked at how passively I went along with the hospital routines.  How about a special
lactation curriculum for nursing and medical students? I've heard about some wonderful talks that other LC's have
given.  If a curriculum module could be developed, than LLL Leaders, LC's, RN's, etc. could take it to area schools and
educate the students before they get out into the real world and start dispensing misinformation.  I would be willing
to help compile/edit such a module.  Any thoughts about this? e-mail me privately if you're interested.

laura hankins, rn and tandem nursing mom in Charlotee, NC

e-mail:  [log in to unmask]