From:
"Julie S. Brill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 12:48:32 -0400
Hi all,

I met a woman in my childbirth class, who has been attending as a coach. After
I spoke about breastfeeding, she came up to me to say that she had bf her
first baby and now had even more reasons to be glad she did. Since that time
however, she had a hysterectomy which included removal of her ovaries. She
and her husband are in the process of trying to adopt another child. She's
heard about adoptive moms nursing. She's wondering if it's possible that
the removal of her ovaries would affect her chances of success. The adoption
process is still in the early stages, so this is still pretty theoretical for
her. I said I'd ask you all and get back to her. Does anyone have experience
with a similiar case?

TIA,
Julie Brill in Bedford, MA