HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 07:58:28 PDT
Jim,

The purpose of my response on glass & ceramic insulators
was to pass on an obscure and valuable reference to a
colleague.  It does not matter if the author is dead.
I have assisted folks when asked because it delights me
to share from my library and to assist if requested.
I value the info sent on the lists from folks like Anita
and Smoke.  And, I understand that many people new to
archaeology or local history work are seeking guidance.

This issue raised by the person at Berkeley is not new.
We have it from time to time, and always from a university
based individual who is proud of their personal abilities
to research the local stacks at their tax-funded library.
The comment annoys me, so I finally responded.

Ron May