From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 1995 07:57:05 -0400
Hi Tina,

Glad to see you aren't "lurking" anymore, but are on line.  And let me assure
you, group, Tina DOES have a lot to share!! :)

Roberta,  glad to see you are on too.  I tried to e-mail you to tell you
about Lactnet when you wrote to me, but couldn't get through on your address.
 I don't know what was the matter.  At any rate, glad to see you aboard!

RE:  communication with ILCA

This has been an ongoing problem at ILCA's end too.  Many times letters are
sent to the contact person in the affiliate, but that person does not pass
the info on to the appropriate people.  A case in point is the 5 (five)
reminders that are sent re affiliate dues - 2 via the Globe, 1 from the
office, and 2 letters from the US Delegate.  And still dues are not paid
because the current treasurer (or whomever is in charge of the bucks) did not
hear about it!  It gets a bit frustrating.  Changes in contact people must be
sent to the office & to the US Delegate.  If you send to me via e-mail, I
will make sure it gets to the appropriate person for the change.  ONe of the
reasons for the Globe is to disseminate info from the Delegates to the
membership, as well as from the BOD.  There is also a "column" dedicated to
"ask the BOD" so if you have questions/concerns, it can be sent to me and I
can send it on to the appropriate person for a response.  Martha, perhaps
your question about the mission statement could be directed to that column -
it would go in the August issue if you get it to me quickly enough.

As members of ILCA, what do you want from the BOD?  What kind of information
should go out, and what is the best way (keep in mind that the more
individual letters that are sent out, the more expensive it becomes) to do
that?  I appreciate your concerns via Lactnet, but the BOD needs to hear it
via constructive concerns with solutions.   Feel free to e-mail me....  I do
have to echo Kathy A.'s comment about the ballot.  Until you have been a
"member" of the nominating crew, you don't know the meaning of the word
"frustration".  Having been there for several years myself trying to get
people to stand for nomination.....  EVERYBODY assumes that SOMEBODY will
want to run so NOBODY does.  And then the ballot goes out, and there is only
one person for a position.  And the membership is --- shall I say ----
miffed.  Truly, there is criteria for being in office, but there are SCADS of
qualified people out there...where are you?  Please all, take this as a
clarion call for next year's ballot.  The BOD would love to have two to three
people running for each position!  Where are you?  We can't have people on
the ballot if no one will run for office.

You have just seen MY political soapbox... and I'm not even on the Board of
Directors any more!

Jan Barger