Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Marilee Woodworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 1995 09:36:43 -0400
Hello there. I am talking to a mother who has had an abscess drained. She was
doing all of the correct things to avoid problem. A lump went overnight to an
abscess. Anyway her doctor is advising her to wean. Her says that healing
will take longer with milk leaking in the wound. I do see in Breastfeeding
and Human Lactation that on page 396 it says milk leaking can slow healing
after breast surgery. Also the incision is very close to the nipple so she
really can't breastfeed or even pump. I suggested hand expression. I'm
concerned she'll get engorged and make matters worse. She doesn't want to
wean and I've advised she not. She's going to nurse on the other side for
now. Baby is 4 weeks old. Any ideas? Thanks, Marilee Woodworth.