HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
A H Shapiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 09:23:33 +0000
>Dear Kerry,

        Sorry, I don't have anything to help you with your colonoware
research.  I've been meaning to write, so now that I have your e-mail
address I can speed up the whole process.  You might have seen the e-mail
query I put out recently. At least you have a topic and have done a lot of
research.  I'm having trouble trying to find a topic that will allow me to
take what I'm doing here (zooarchaeology, taphonomy, histology, etc.) and
apply it to American historical materials.  Yes, I could come home and work
on a site, but what would I do when I had to return to London and write it
up?  Suppose I found I had overlooked something!  Plus I don't think one of
my supervisors is thrilled with the idea because he won't be able to see
what I'm doing or advise me, which I can understand.  Plus when I said I
didn't have e-mail at home to keep in touch, he looked even more skeptical.
Oh, well.  I'm still hoping for more replies.  I'm beginning to think a
histology project may be the way to go.  I could sample a site or context(s)
and take the material back to London for study (microscopy or something).

I haven't heard from anyone from South Carolina.  I don't suppose you could
pass on my e-mail query.  If you did I would be very grateful.  But I can
imagine how busy you are, so if you can't I'll understand.  I'd do some
inquiring for you here, but as you might have guessed it is unlikely anyone
here will even have heard of colonoware.

Schoolwork aside, I hope things are going OK.  I'm so busy with all the
reading and projects here, there's not much time for anything else (OK-a
little traveling and sightseeing).  Is it the same with you?  It's good to
talk with someone who's in the same boat as me, so I hope you'll write back
soon.  It would be great to hear from you.

Good luck,

Andrea>