HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Paul Antone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 10:50:04 EST
     Mary:

     There are several foundations that have provided grants to archaeology
     that I am aware of.  You should check and see if you can track down
     info on them (I'm sorry but I can't think of any of their names right
     off hand and my files have been packed away).  You chould check with
     Shell Canada, Pepsi Co. etc. and see if any of them are interested in
     sponsoring the Ferryland project?

     Have you tried to tie in the work in Maryland on Lord Balitmore's site
     there?  I think that the two projects (yours and the the US one)
     should be able to come up with some kind of strategy for mutual
     support and dual fundraising.

     If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Ford Foundation has sponsored some
     archaeology projects in the states but I don't know about Canada.

     If I come up with any other ideas I will pass them along.

     Paul Antone
     Archaeological Reosurce Management
     Department of Canadian Heritage

     The opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect those of the
     Department of Canadian Heritage nor the Government of Canada.