HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kris Hirst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 17:01:32 -0500
 Hi Gang!
I'm out in the wilds of northeastern Iowa, doing some transportation
archaeology, and I ran into an interesting thing that some of you may
recognize. We've found two pieces of a clay TD-type pipe stem, with the
letter C and what looks like either a Greek Sigma or a fancy schmancy letter
E in raised characters on the stem. I think the name or label continues with
at least one more letter, but the stem is broken there. At present, I don't
have a clue as to what the bore is. The pipe is associated with an intact
limestone-and-mortar house foundation, likely built between 1850 and 1870.
I'll be in the field at least several more weeks, and won't be able to
research this until then; does anybody recognize this pipe logo? Thanks
bunches for easing my curiosity early!
Kris