From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 1995 08:35:55 -0400
Mother rented a pump from me last week. During the rental, I noticed that
the baby had leathery skin. Really severe excema.  She puts Cortaid on it
twice daily. She goes on to say she is highly allergic, dad was highly
allergic to milk, eggs citrus, etc. as kid.

We discussed a few things re: stopping dairy for 3 weeks or so to see what
happened. Baby also had a strawberry birth mark on butt which refuses to heal.

After 10 days off dairy, mother indicated to me that skin was noticeably
better, and that the previously unhealed birthmark had closed 1/3. They were
amazed.

After a potluck supper where she ate milk products, the baby developed red
raised dots on stomach.

Hmm.

Comments?

Kathleen B

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC (email = [log in to unmask])
"All truth goes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Then it is
violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident." Schoepenhouer